The big summer pool party is one of those great American past-times! Lounging poolside while the kids splash in the water; joining them for a game of “chicken” or “water polo,” working the grill and handing out hot dogs and beverages to all your guests—what’s not to love?
It’s almost like you can’t go wrong with a summer pool party. Just invite family and friends over, ask everyone to bring a side dish or BYOB, fire up the grill, and you’re good to go.
But if you want anepicbackyard bash—you’ve come to the right place.
Here is the ultimate pool party checklist, so you can take things to the next level this summer!
First things first, you’ve got to have great food options for your guests. Here are some party ideas:
- Lots of snack food is the fuel for any good backyard party. Think finger foods like a veggie tray, cheese and crackers, chips and guac, and sliders. Get creative!
- A main course that shows off your grilling skills. Hot dogs or hamburgers are always crowd-pleasers, while shish kabobs can be a fun alternative.
Refreshing libations with plenty of options for your guests, with somecreative cocktails for the adults as well asmocktails that everyone will love.
- Don’t forget to provide plenty of water to keep everyone hydrated!
- Don’t skimp on dessert. Bring on the ice cream and sprinkle on lots of toppings!
- Dinnerware: plates, cups, utensils, napkins
Pool Toys Checklist
Now all you need are some awesome pool toys that everyone can enjoy both in and out of the water:
H2O 3-In-A-Row — A classic game reinvented for all ages to enjoy on land or in the water!
BattlePong or HydraPong— Remember the drinking game from college? Well, it’s even more fun in the water! Make sure to have plenty of extra cups on hand.
H Water Hammock — Your own floating hammock for the more relaxation-inclined party person.
Kickboard — On your mark, get set, go! Kids will be racing in the pool with the brightly colored kickboards floating in the pool.
Libation Floating Station — A cooler full of ice and 14 available cup holders, so your guests don’t have to exit the pool to enjoy a cold beverage!
Personal Libation Floating Station — Tether your guest’s favorite libation to their Floatation iQ product and they won’t have to lift a finger at your pool party.
You’re well on your way to throwing an epic summer pool party. All you’ve got to do now is put your own spin on things and getreallycreative. Here are a few more ideas:
- A playlist of your favorite throwback dance tunes (bonus points if you can get your guests doing the Macarena in the pool)
- Throw a Luau - light some tiki torches, serve grilled pineapple, and have everyone wear a Hawaiian shirt!
- Host a Family Olympics
Check out thesefun pool party decor ideas, like jellyfish lanterns and beach ball garlands!
- Host a movie night - set up an outdoor movie projector and watch a water-themed movie like Finding Dory or Pirates of the Caribbean while you float around in the pool.
Now all you’ve got to do is get the family together, invite some friends and neighbors, and get everyone in the pool!
Have any fun backyard pool party ideas? Share your favorites on our Facebook page.
And remember, you can't have an epic pool bash withoutFloatation iQ!